Monday, January 30, 2017

When to 'extremely vett'

Over 1200 people in the U.S. died by gun violence in 2016. Compared that to the number killed by regugees, zero.  [There may not be statistics on how many of the gun deaths are due to immigrants. At the behest of the gun lobby, the government bans funding research on gun violence.]

My critical thinking would suggest the people who most need to be vetted are gun buyers and not refugees.


Addendum - I forgot to mention the individual in greatest need of extreme vetting... I comment I left at Crooks&Liars:
Seconded! [respnse to 'I demand extreme vetting of Trump's cabinet picks!']  And I call for extreme vetting of POTUS DJT. From his health to tax records to business dealings and anything which may become a conflict of interest. If refugees fleeing with little other than what they carry are subject to extreme vetting, surely it is only just to demand the same of the 'Executive Order' signer-in-chief.

No comments:

Post a Comment