Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Political consequences of ignorance

TRNN spoke with Robert English about the FBI leaking the Comey Memo, the one where he recounts DJT asking him to drop the Flynn investigation. I left a comment:
"let's not fall off the cliff here over Trump sharing some intel about terror attacks with the Russians..." 
After watching this *twice* over two days so this would not be a knee jerk response, I am not reacting to Trump's idiocy; that speaks for itself. I am very angry at my own ignorance of many of the events/actions described. This reflects a major failing of the American news media which I have consumed for decades and major efforts of the American state to keep its citizens ignorant of its actions. We are fed small simple good-guy/bad-guy stories by the media. Our ignorance is constantly manipulated by the state and media; we've become sheep in the face of propaganda. I'm angry and sad and I want *much* *much* more transparency.

When we are constantly lied to by the state and media, we get sham political parties with similar candidates from mock elections. The front people change but the power never changes hands; it's always the powerful elite who call the shots.

Update: It's getting worse, the rollback of net neutrality will further impede transparency.

No comments:

Post a Comment